Thursday, September 10, 2009

Slow Cooker Chicken Zing

I tried a new recipe last night, with some alterations of my own, and it was a hit! Here's what I came up with:

Ingredients:

4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
Seasoning to taste (I used seasoning salt, onion salt, garlic salt, and Mrs. Dash)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of celery soup (I used mushroom, but cream of anything would probably work)
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1/4 - 1/2 cup salsa (I used salsa verde/green salsa)
Chopped Onion (optional)
1/2 cup sour cream

Directions:

Wash and trim chicken. Season to your liking. Put in crockpot. Dump additional ingredients over chicken, except for sour cream. Stir slighty to mix. Cook on high for 4-6 hours or on low for 6-8 hours. The longer it cooks, the more tender the chicken! Stir in sour cream right before serving. Serve over rice or egg noodles. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment